When it comes to climate change, there really is only one measure that matters, the total quantity of Greenhouse Gasses (GHGS) in the atmosphere. That is why policy-makers tend to favour absolute measures of emissions. The UK Climate Change Bill targets set out a legal obligation to reduce absolute emissions of “carbon units” by 80% by 2050 compared to 1990 levels. This equates to around 3% per annum reduction every year for the next 40 years
To deliver outstanding results for customers and support best practices in our profession.
Energy and Resource Efficiency without the tears
Niall Enright’s book was published in June 2017 and last updated in September 2018.
To get the FREE PDF visit the download page.
To buy a print version of the book or order the companion files please visit our store.
If you appreciate the book and want to make a donation towards the publication costs (and support future publications), click the link below. This is entirely optional!
Free Lighting Hours Tool
We were so frustrated at SustainSuccess with trying to find daylight hour tables for client locations that we wrote our own Excel/Google Maps/NOAA “mashup” to calculate lighting hours for any location on Earth! We are providing it FREE to fellow practitioners. Simply fill in this form and we’ll send you a download link.
Ideas and Challenges
Despite self-congratulatory case studies to the contrary, the reality is that Sustainability and Resource Efficiency are NOT EASY to implement successfully in organisations.
Get Email Updates
- What the *? Should we be enticed by GWP*?.
- The danger of perfection & the Manchester Climate Change Agency
- Research supports the negative effect of Green Electricity tariffs on corporate energy efficiency efforts.
- My assessment of the Oxford Offsetting Principles.
- UKGBC Energy Performance Targets for Offices: a case study in why over-ambition is not SMART.
Posts, Articles and Reviews
Here are some of my favourite energy and resource efficiency sites (mouse over the names for more details).Resources:
- Bizee Degree Days
- Europe's Energy Portal
- Efficiency policies and measures
- IEA CO2 Emissions Data
- Carbon Trust - guides
- WRAP and Envirowise
- UK Association for the Conservation of Energy
- Institute for Building Efficiency
- The Keeling Curve - CO2 level
- DECC My2050
- Energy pathfinder
- Only Eleven Percent
- Smart Energy Efficiency
- The Cokatoo Chronicles
- Alan's Energy Blog
- The Bustard
- The Energy Collective
- House 2.0